A Blast From the Past

A Blast From the Past
Here is an Oldie Goldie - Northeast Airlines Conviar 240.

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Post Card view

Well, as I mentioned last week, I would be sharing points of interest while going through the my aviation treasures.  After viewing the NSEG's Jellystone blog whereby he posted several Airport Postcards, I happen to come across my collection and thoughtt posts like this helps me be more NSEG like.       


Here is an ole' Linen card depicting Martha's Vineyard with a Northeast DC-3 in the foreground.  


This card is self explanatory
Portland Airport holds some special memories for me as this was the airport my family and I would arrive into (in most occasions) on our way to the Summer house located on Lake Thompson in Casco, ME. 
Of course, the airport didn't have this small terminal when I went through.  I came through in a B-727, not the classic DC-7 like the one in this card.  Boy, I wish I had been born 10 years earlier.    

No comments:

Post a Comment