A Blast From the Past

A Blast From the Past
Here is an Oldie Goldie - Northeast Airlines Conviar 240.

Thursday, August 18, 2016

H. E. (Buzz) Flett had went and gone Southern, Who knew!

Well folks, I found an ole' relic of the Pelican's past that I thought you might enjoy. I'm not sure whether this was a precursor of the Commemorative Air Force, but stranger things have happened. 
I hope you enjoy the story


Every once in a while I find myself rummaging through some of my Dad's ole aviation stuff from days gone-bye, and today was one of those days. I was looking for the original picture of my Dad and another Northeast pilot, Roy Ray hanging out in Boston Operations between flights back in the day. I need the picture to scan at a higher rate for making a photograph from, due to Capt. Ray's daughter getting back to me that she'd love a copy of this picture. Unfortunately, she recently got in touch with me three years after I offered it to her through a Northeast website, and now I can't remember which box of stuff it's located in.
Aw well, anyway while I was looking for said picture above ,  I found this great gem of Buzz memorabilia. It seems to be that ole Buzz was inducted into the Confederate Air Corps back on December 7th, 1955.  On this date, he was O'fficially recognized for "having manifested an unusually high regard to black-eye peas, turnip greens, hog jowl, sow belly, pot likker, grits, chittlins, and good ole corn squeezins."   He was even appointed to the rank of Colonel




No comments:

Post a Comment