A Blast From the Past

A Blast From the Past
Here is an Oldie Goldie - Northeast Airlines Conviar 240.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Another Buzz story

A while ago,  I had written to a family member of a retired pilot my Dad knew at Northeast Airlines, Roy Ray (on the right) regarding a picture I had of the two of them.


 I thought that the family might not have a copy of the photo and would like one.

Anyway, after sometime I heard recently from said pilots daughter, and thought the exchange was somewhat humorous, I hope you enjoy the story.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Duncan,
I am so sorry it took three years for me to find your post to me. I hope my delayed response finds you well. 

I would love a copy of the pic you referenced in your post. I remember the operations room well. My dad took my to Logan often and I even flew in the Linx; all in a safer time, although I do remember the hijacking scares back then.

My dad passed a year ago tomorrow…kind of fortuitous my husband found your post this evening. 

Thanks so much for keeping his memory alive for my family and me.
Thanks  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning,
Thanks for your note,  I'd be happy to send you a copy of the picture tomorrow I'm out on a trip presently.   Until tomorrow,
Duncan 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Duncan, 
The picture is great! Can't wait to share it with my family. 
My mom is 92. I will show her this weekend. 
If you find a better quality, great. If not, I am thankful to have this. 
It looks like you fly for United? Are you based in San Francisco?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I am based and live in the Bay Area.
I will eventually find the original picture and get a better quality picture to you ASAP.
I'm glad that I was able to get it to you in some fashion after all.

Duncan  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Duncan,
A quick note to let you know I showed the pic of your Dad and mine to my mom yesterday. She recognized your dad’s face but couldn’t place a name. I would say that is pretty good for someone 92. Your Dad must have been very memorable:-)

Best regards,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha, thanks - that would be an accurate statement, he was memorable. His name was Howard E. (Buzz) Flett, and he always went by Buzz.  I have heard a few stories over the years; I once had a conversation with an ole co-pilot of my Dad's. After we talked for about an hour, he told me that I wasn't anything like my Dad. ;)

He was a bite gregarious I've been told.

All the best,
Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment